At the beginning of each school year, my kids have to fill out forms with answers to a bunch of questions so that the teachers will
know who the potential trouble-makers are have a sense of the personalities in their classroom.
My youngest started 8th grade this year and filled out the form. He showed it to me and you can certainly understand why I was looking for an eraser after reading it:
In case you can’t read it, the second of the two common activities he does when he gets home is watch YouTube. Just another check mark in the #ParentingWin column, folks.
I did have to admit, though…it is Nick. 100%.
It also got me thinking. How would I fill out a form like this today? So I typed up a copy of the same questions, printed it out, and started writing in my answers.
Hard to read? Here, let me make it easier for you to get a peek into my
What this really tells you about me is:
- I keep telling myself every day “50 is the new 40”
- I think this election has been a shit show, and out of 350 million people, I can’t believe these two yahoos are the best candidates we have to put forward
- I’m a snob about the tequila I drink
- I must have skipped the chapter on parent/teacher conferences in What to Expect When You’re Expecting
- I read too much People magazine
- At best, my taste in movies is questionable and relatively non-Oscar worthy
- I shouldn’t be in charge of the music playlist at a kids’ dance
am deluded intothink ing“perfect” wives cook, clean, and do laundry
- I fully acknowledge my husband didn’t get the perfect wife (but you shouldn’t feel too bad for him — because I’m so awesome in spite of not cooking, cleaning, and doing laundry. And humble. I’m very humble.)
- And finally, I think karma needs to step up its game against people with no/a very questionable moral compass
I’m looking at you Trump, Hillary, and .