One year ago today, I began my blog*. In that time, I have written 23,187 words in 55 blog posts (not counting this one). My longest post had 1,264 words describing a “day off” around the holidays, and my most succinct post had only 14 words in a surprising show of krispness and klarity.
My blog started off Times New Roman, but switched over to the less uptight and more she-isn’t-a-very-good-housekeeper-either stylings of verdana.
I’ve had 28 likes for my posts, and 124 comments on various posts on my blog. I’ve responded to comments with 51 comments of my own. If you count spam, the comments soar to a mind-numbing 425,486. Good thing I don’t pad my bra or my comment numbers, huh?
The subjects of my blog posts have varied, but usually fall into some fairly common areas:
- klutz-tasticness to the nth degree as exhibited by yours truly
- (my) kids and their not-so-adorable antics
- celebrity stupidty
- my general observations about the assiness of people
- proof that the Rices need to work on their communication skills
- my is-it-flaming-out career
- things I am really good at, but perhaps should not be all that proud of
- our kids’ love of sports and how organized exercise gobbles up all the free time in our lives
- and of course, some serious stuff about finding the good in tragedy, finding the good in my kids, and when there is a small glimmer of good found in the human race
So here’s to looking forward to another year of snarky commentary, general life observations and misadventures of the Rice family. Cheers!
* – my husband is deeply indebted to WordPress for giving me this outlet. Via this blog, fewer of my seemingly endless streams of commentary about e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g, my natterings on about celebrities who do nothing more than use up valuable oxygen, and my incoherent babblings about the misadventures of our kids have to fall upon his ears.